For A SAFE and ENJOYABLE VISIT, PLEASE OBSERVE the FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS:
1. Please WATCH YOUR STEP. Stair and floor surfaces are slippery when wet.
2. Please USE THE HANDRAILS, but do not lean on or against them.
3. PARENTS: CHILDREN UNDER 12 ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE LIGHTHOUSE UNLESS SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT.
4. Children under under 5 years old are not allowed to ascend to the top of the Lighthouse.
5. PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO ASCEND OR DESCEND THE LIGHTHOUSE UNSUPERVISED.
6. Under no circumstances may children be carried by an adult ascending or descending the lighthouse stairs or on the balcony.
7. Please watch for the areas with low headroom or overhead obstructions.
8. No food, drink, chewing gum or smoking in the Lighthouse.
9. No large items such as backpacks, shopping bags, etc. allowed to the top of the lighthouse.
10. No yelling or shouting permitted in the Lighthouse.
11. Please do not mark on, scratch or touch the Lighthouse walls.
12. No pets allowed in the Lighthouse. Working and guide dogs may be brought to the Intermediate room level and not beyond which is only accessible by ladder.
13. Do not throw items over or spit over the railing of the balcony.
14. Please do not climb onto or climb over or hang onto the railings.
15. The Port Isabel Lighthouse is a historic structure and is owned by the Texas Historical Commission. Do not damage or deface any part of the structure, lens, pedestal, stairway, walls, railings, or windows. You will be prosecuted.
WARNING: A Visit to the Top of the Lighthouse Requires the Following:
1. PHYSICAL EXERTION, FLEXIBILITY OF MOVEMENT.
2. ABILITY TO ASCEND AND TO DESCEND NUMEROUS STEPS.
3. ABILITY TO CLIMB A STEEPLY INCLINED LADDER.
4. ABILITY TO PASS THROUGH SEVERAL NARROW OPENINGS.
DO NOT CLIMB THE LIGHTHOUSE IF YOU HAVE ONE OR MORE OF THE following CONDITIONS:
1. A HISTORY OF HEART PROBLEMS.
2. HAVE EXPERIENCED SHORTNESS OF BREATH, DIZZINESS OR IMBALANCE.
3. If you are uncomfortable with heights or confined spaces.
4. If you are incapable of securely gripping handrails and pulling yourself up.
For more more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (956) 433-0735.